29 Apr 2007
Dorgem very-pre-alpha released
I just released a “very-pre-alpha” version of Dorgem3. Know that this is version is absolutely not finished. It is more a prove of concept then a workable version. It is easier to tell what is done and not tell what still needs to be done:
- Running on Win32, only tested on Windows XP
- You need to configure it, by editing an XML file in your profile directory
- A file storage is available.
- Bitmap and text captions are available.
- It still uses Video for Windows to talk to the camera.
- The date related text captions are using the
wxDateTime::Format()function, which uses the
To test it, copy the Profiles.xml to your personal profile directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Dorgem and edit it to fit your needs.
Running it will not effect your current Dorgem2 settings.
They are stored in the registry and Dorgem3 uses XML files to store the settings.
The next thing I am going to do is to implement the FTP storage. As soon it is done I will release a new alpha version.
No support is given on this version, but I would like to hear what you think of it, given its known limitations!
Awesome news, Frank! I will give the alpha a good try as soon as I have a chance.